Before you can use Push messages, you'll need to obtain a certificate from Apple. Below you'll find a step-by-step how to:
- In your browser, go to: https://developer.apple.com/
- On the left, go to 'Certificates, IDs & Profiles':
- Follow the steps on screen:
- If you are using Microsoft Windows (server) or Linux, skip to
If you are on a Mac, keep reading.
Open 'Keychain Access' and create a certificate request:
- Fill in your e-mail address, the name of the certificate and select the option 'Save to disk'. Leave 'CA Email Address' empty:
- If you are on a Microsoft Windows machine, please follow this tutorial: Microsoft Technet "Create a CSR" (external link).
If you are on Linux: Open a terminal screen and type the following command:
$ openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout yourdomain.key -out yourdomain.csrReplace yourdomain for you your domain name.
- After your
CSRis created, upload it to the browser:
- Now you should see your certificate listed. Good job!
- Download your certificate:
ios_developement.cer. Add the certificate to your certificate manager.